the village hall
THE VILLAGE HALL IS OPEN FOR BOOKINGS
We are delighted to confirm that the Village Hall has reopened (following COVID Guidance).
Several regular classes are held in the Village Hall – from September 2022:
- Zumba Gold on a Tuesday at 10.20am
- Table Tennis on a Tuesday from 2.30pm – 4.30pm
- PureStretch on a Tuesday at 6.30pm
- Fitsteps on a Wednesday at 5.00pm
- Table Tennis on a Thursday from 5.00pm – 7.00pm
See the Activities page for further information.
What events would you like to see in the Village Hall?
Please let us know your thoughts by contacting one of the Trustees. You are welcome to plan an event!
Coffee Morning / PopUp Pub / Book Club / Bridge Lessons / Sewing Group / More…
Harringworth & Shotley Village Hall
Built as the village school in 1825 it was deeded to the village as a hall in the 1960’s. The hall has been extended several times, most recently in 2008 when it was fully refurbished. It provides the key public facility in the village and is available for hire by villagers or others with the agreement of the Trustees. It is currently used for meetings, classes, public and private social events, film shows, and entertainment etc. It also has a wide range of equipment that is available for hire.
The hall is owned and run by the Harringworth Village Hall Trustees, as established by the Trust Deed. They are appointed each year at the AGM and are responsible for the care and upkeep of the Village Hall, for the benefit of the inhabitants of Harringworth. The Trustees are unpaid and meet at least four times each year. It is a registered charity, Charity No. 273826.
Harringworth Village Hall Trustees:
- Harry Morgan (Chair)
- Fraser Stephen-Smith (Vice-Chair)
- Chris Merriman (Treasurer)
- James Thompson
- Philippa Gasson (Secretary)
- Julian O’Neill
For further information, please contact Philippa Gasson by phone:
07858 504 568 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilities & Equipment
The village hall has a large main room with a newly refurbished wooden floor, good heating, a light decor and Bluetooth sound system. There are facilities for up to 80 guests with a well equipped kitchen available for use. Some of the equipment can be hired for use elsewhere for a small charge, as listed below. The hall can also be hired for table tennis with the two tables free to use, on payment of a booking fee.
- Main hall
- Fully equipped kitchen catering for 80 people with commercial heated cupboard, range stove, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, two sinks, separate hand wash sink, water boiler, kettles. Complete set of crockery, cutlery, preparation, serving dishes and equipment, jugs, condiments etc. Large array of glassware (beer, water, wine and champagne).
- Store room
- Serving counter/bar.
- Wheelchair access
- Accessible toilet
- Baby changing facilities
- Car park
Equipment included with the booking:
- staging in block or runway format (please advise if required)
- black out facility
- spot lights
- 6ft long trestle tables = 13
- 4ft x 4ft tables = 12
- 5ft round tables = 5
- folding chairs = 78 (comfortable and linkable)
- sound system with Bluetooth facility.
- large drop down projector screen
- Projector (for an additional cost of £20)
Equipment available for hire (for a function away from the hall):
- table and chairs
- tablecloths (as long as washed after use)
- urn (2)
- crockery, cutlery and glassware (80)
- microphone and portable speakers
- marquee 9m x 4m * (2)
- pop-up gazebos (2)
The hall has two table tennis tables available free if the hall is booked out. The booking fee is £10 per hour with a special rate for residents of Harringworth.
*Note: the marquee is hired at your own risk and liability insurance is recommended.